Casual or formal dining, meetings over lunch or dinner can be a mine field! Whether at fast food or upscale restaurants, it can seem be more complicated than traditional business meetings. Step-by-step guidance through the details of orchestrating and surviving the logistics of a business meal meeting will be presented. From table settings and strategic seating arrangements, to wine pairings and the ritual of toasting, you will gain the knowledge to create the right dining experience. An experiential learning demonstration on how to conduct a tutorial meal will serve as the highlight of this training.
There is so much more to know than which utensils to use, organizational skills are also on display. Careers can depend on how individuals handle meal meetings, from reservations to the close of the meeting, and the ability to personally enhance the dining experience. Knowing how to recover from mishaps will also serve you well in building and sustaining relationships.
Nine Secrets for Casually Sipping and Formally Dining with Business Partners or at Employment Interviews
- Understand the guidelines, rules and expectations around business meals. Gain the competitive edge in establishing successful partnerships. Recognize that proper dining etiquette always puts others at ease.
- Familiarize yourself with all the components of table settings. Identify how to master the five different dining styles. Minimize unnecessary disruptions in service.
- Gain an overview of dining courtesies. Learn to be confident during those “what to do” moments. Successfully handle those embarrassing mishaps that are bound to happen.
- Become familiar with a restaurant’s “behind the scenes” protocols (take a walk in the server’s shoes) and don’t forget tipping guidelines.
- Demonstrate your familiarity with handling reservations and cancellations, selecting dining venues and communicating your purpose.
- Build relationships from the moment of arrival. Know the unwritten rules around business meal meeting protocols. Master the secrets of power dining.
- Brief yourself on navigating fast-food options and informal buffets. Avoid the pitfalls of “grab and go” multi-tasking meals.
- Be responsible with alcoholic drinks. Raise your comfort level with food and wine/beverage pairings. Recognize the ceremonial value of toasting at a business meal. Maintain personal responsibility at special occasion banquets.
- Increase your sensitivity and awareness of cultural differences in dining before you entertain international clients.
An experiential learning demonstration on how to conduct a tutorial meal will serve as the highlight of this training. Area business leaders are invited to participate as our guests.
This will require some staging and coordinating courses with the wait staff. However, you will discover that you learn best by doing. Timing is critical to the success of a dining etiquette event.
Whatever the scenario, the last thing you want to do is to appear uncomfortable. The meal is where all your social graces come together. Therefore, your ability to stay in control and exude impressive dining decorum are paramount.
You are now ready to take this knowledge to the final
stage of your training: Events!
April 28th to May 3rd
October 20th to October 25th
Fill out our Contact Form to receive registration packet