SME Training Module 1
Seven Steps to (Professional Presence)
Impressive Greetings and Confident Interactions
Every successful business relationship starts with one confident interaction. Your professional presence sets the stage for this interaction. In a business arena of casual dress and hi-tech communication, in-person communication becomes challenged and attitudes become too relaxed.
This module will help you train others to upgrade their image and develop their “social-ability.” It accomplishes this by serving as a guide for creating a powerful lasting impression and for understanding the techniques that improve the quality of professional interactions. The seven areas of focus will serve as the foundation for the next three modules. They are as follows:
Seven Steps to a Commanding First Impression and Engaging Interaction
Determine how you want to be perceived, make a professional impact with your appearance, control your body language and read body language cues.
- Identify the three primary ways to make an introduction, honor rank and titles, and get beyond awkward “what to do when” moments.
- Learn techniques for remembering names, handle challenging names and pronunciations, and decipher unique name arrangements and accents.
- Be comfortable with the protocol of the business handshake, identify the various types of handshakes and their meanings, and know the components of a business handshake.
- Develop gratifying conversations by creating a conversation DNA, understand the place for and purpose of small talk, eliminate distractions and overcome sensitive situations.
- Make your business card work for you by developing the components of your card and knowing exactly when, where and how to exchange cards.
- Make your departure as memorable as your greeting, create a follow-up process and keep a business interaction going by overcoming obstacles.
These are the seven steps needed for creating a commanding first impression and engaging in a dynamic interaction—each step is designed to blend into the next.
Trainees will practice each step, then, at the close of the training combine and practice all seven steps.
for an overview of the
Subject Matter Expert Syllabus